Return to Home Page
The James Thomas Burns Home Page
James Thomas Burns and Bertie McClanahan Burns
Register Report for James Thomas
1. James Thomas Burns-1. He was born on 26 Jul 1893 in Columbus, AR. He died on 19 Jun 1959 in El Dorado, Ar. Union Co..
Notes for James Thomas Burns:
General Notes: Obituary
James Thomas Burns, Sr., 66, of 1405 N. Gray St. died after a lengthy illness at 5:50 p.m. Friday.
He was born July 26, 1893 the son of Robert H. and Effie Ruth Wallace Burns in Columbus, Ark. He was a retired Rock Island Railroad clerk, retiring Mar. 18, of this year after 38 years of service. He had lived in El Dorado for that period of time and was a member of the St. Lukes Methodist Church.
Survivors include his widow, Mrs. Birdie Mae Burns; one son, James T. Burns Jr. of El Dorado; five sisters, Mrs. John Williams, Mrs. Aubry Reynolds, Mrs. Earl McWherter and Mrs. Jacob King, all of Hot Springs; Mrs. Harvey Bigbee of Germantown, Tenn.; one brother, A.D.
Burns of Little Rock; one granddaughter, Betty Burns and a number of nieces and nephews and grand nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be today at 4 p.m. in the Hall Mortuary chapel with the Rev. W.S. Cazort officiating, assisted by the Rev. Ralph Mann. Burial will be in the Rest Haven Cemetery under the direction of Hall Mortuary.
Pallbearers will be W.M. Paul, Carl Price, Howard Baldwin, Felix Thompson Sr., Bill M. Brown, Ralph Hampton. Honorary pallbearers will be employees of the Rock Island RR.
Bertie McClanahan. She was born on 01 Oct 1892 in Hope, Ar.. She died on 24 Nov 1976 in El Dorado, Ar. Union Co..
James Thomas Burns and Bertie McClanahan. They were married 1912 in Hope, AR. They had 1 child.
2. i. James Thomas Burns Jr.. He was born on 02 Sep 1917 in El Dorado, Union County, Ar.. He married Rose Violet Brown. They were married on 19 Jan 1935. He died on 29 May 1981 in Little Rock, Ar., Pulaski Co..
2. James Thomas Burns Jr.-2 (James Thomas Burns-1). He was born on 02 Sep 1917 in El Dorado, Union County, Ar.. He died on 29 May 1981 in Little Rock, Ar., Pulaski Co..
Rose Violet Brown. She was born on 08 Jan 1917. She died on 24 Mar 2000 in El Dorado, Union County, Ar..
James Thomas Burns Jr. and Rose Violet Brown. They were married on 19 Jan 1935. They had 1 child.
3. i. Betty Irene Burns. She was born on 28 Oct 1940 in Arkansas. She married Rex George Means. They were married on 03 Jun 1960.
3. Betty Irene Burns-3 (James Thomas Burns Jr.-2, James Thomas Burns-1). She was born on 28 Oct 1940 in Arkansas.
Rex George Means. He was born on 24 Jul 1934.
Page 1 of 2 Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:27:03 PM
Register Report for James Thomas Burns
Generation 3 (con't)
Rex George Means and Betty Irene Burns. They were married on 03 Jun 1960. They had 3 children.
i. Kristi Kai Means. She was born on 27 Jan 1978.
ii. Melissa Ann Means. She was born on 19 Oct 1963.
iii. Terry Michelle Means. She was born on 13 Sep 1967.
E-Mail Address email@example.com
Posted by Robert Reynolds
2020-copyright The information posted on the Reynolds' Archives may be used for non-commercial, historical, and genealogical purposes. It can be freely downloaded by researchers and those interested in our family history. It can not be used otherwise without my written permission. When using this material, make mention of this web site as your reference.